Camp Meeker Recreation and Park District
Board of Directors Study Session Minutes
Saturday, April 22, 2017
NO ACTION WAS TAKEN AS THIS WAS A STUDY SESSION ONLY
I. CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order by President Watson at 8:30 a.m.
II. ROLL CALL
Directors Catherine Anderson, Gary Helfrich, Valery Larson, Anthony Tominia and Lynn Watson were present.
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment.
A. BOARD PLANNING SESSION 2017-2018
The District’s Certified Public Accountant, Goranson and Associates, Inc., recommended a yearly planning session to review District administration. The Board discussed various matters relative to Board operations, budget and programs for the 2017-2018 Fiscal Year.
Items discussed included:
- Revision to District website to provide the community with clearly defined information relative to the District’s role in the community and related information;
- Archival of District records;
- Programs including a garden at the Post Office, District hosted events, i.e., Halloween, celebrating the park, Dutch Bill Creek day;
- Playground Development;
- District Officers elections including rotating roles among Board members; CSDA transparency program; Signage, cleanup St. Dorothy’s parcel;
- Water outreach –Alliance Redwoods; and,
- Other operational issues.
IV. DIRECTORS REPORTS
There were no Director reports.
The Board adjourned at 12:30 p.m.